Goal For Citi4Kids Advocacy
To advocate for an enabling environment within the cities for children to live, learn, grow and flourish.
HBC Citis4Kids Advocacy Envisages
A city which guarantees the rights of every child
- Be valued and heard in family, community and social life.
- To have enabled housing, neighborhood with access to basic services such as safe drinking water and proper sanitation facilities.
- Receive services such as healthcare, education and development.
- Can walk safely in roads on their own, access to public transport.
- To realize their rights to play, access to open space in their neighborhood and playgrounds and parks.
- Be protected from exploitation, violence and abuse.
- To influence the decision of their city with ensured participation in city governance.
To work towards making the cities SMART in terms of establishing a system of local governance committed towards fulfilling children rights mentioned under UNCRC in practice; means children’s rights are reflected in policies, laws, programmes and budgets. In a child friendly city, children are active agents; their voices and opinions are taken into consideration and influence decision making processes. The adopted methods of campaign are :
- Citis4Kids Audit by child leaders.
- Fixing up of audit parameters (child friendly).
- Analysis of audit findings.
- Recommendations set by children.
- Setting up of Advocacy Action Plan based on the audit findings.